Why keep your site up-to-date?
Websites are no longer a “set and forget” part of your business. As technology evolves, website software is constantly being updated to make it more secure, faster and more visible to search engines. Just like Microsoft Office and your smartphone software needs updating, so too does your website. More importantly though, your website is a crucial part of your business and therefore requires extra care to make sure it continues to perform its functions.
Once your webite goes live, there are two options for you moving forward. We can manage your website for you on one of our website care plans, or you can choose to manage your website yourself.
So you can make an informed decision, these are the benefits of our website care plans:
- Peace of mind that all software is up to date, secure against any unwelcome attacks and that your website is actually online and operational for your customers and users.
- Quick restore if anything goes wrong
- Assistance with managing the content on your site
- Continual improvement of search engine visibility and results
Just in case you’re interested in the technical details, this is everything we actually do on the site on a daily, weekly and monthly basis:
- Regular updates of all of your website software (including any third-party extensions) to make sure it is operating on the latest versions and is secure.
- Daily and weekly backups of your website and database files and storage on our secure offsite servers.
- Weekly scripts run for security monitoring of any potential threats to the site.
- Uptime monitoring to make sure the site is actually online and available to use.
- Content management updates and formatting of content to make sure the look and feel of the site is consistent with your brand style guide and aesthetic
- Search engine best practices such as placing “alt” text tags on all images and within metadata
- Broken link check to make sure no broken links exist on the site (search engines do not like broken links)
We also offer optional assistance with your online business strategy and objectives.
Please feel free to get in contact if you have any questions at all.